Instead of enjoying one of our favorite games, Resident evil 5 (or 6, though it is not as good)…Kody and I decided to try out the new effort from Capcom (Resident Evil: Revelations 2). However, we immediately ran into terribleness.
There are at least eight problems with this game. These observation are from the first …oh… first 15 minutes so if you can stand and it gets better, good for you.
1. Player two is a escort mission. You are glorified AI. If you’re into holding a flashlight while your partner gets to kill zombies this is the game for you.
2. You cannot assist your partner in killing zombies. We passed: a knife, a gun, and a shotgun and I could pick none of it. I got a flashlight so there was that, but i couldn’t use it as a blunt instrument. Illuminating Kody’s zombie bitten neck was 100% done. There was no achievement for that however. I am certifying myself as an expert zombie wound illuminator and zombie attack lighter. Hollywood, I’m taking calls.
There she is with her trusty flashlight.
3. It is easy to waste ammo, even if you know what to do, if you don’t do things in the right order (e.g. trigger dialogue), well it sucks to be you.
4. Why the hell is player two not allowed to have a weapon.
5. Why the HELL is player two not allowed to have a weapon????
6. I don’t play Resident games for the story line, I play them to shoot things. However, player two, IS NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE A WEAPON.
7. There is NO WAY to defend yourself or your partner if you are player two.
8. This game is bullshit.
So if this the game you were hoping to get your girlfriend into gaming with, or pass a lovely evening with your best friend. You’re wrong. I don’t know what single player is like. Maybe it rocks. But I’m pissed. Don’t bother if you wanted a good (couch) co-op.